Sliding Neutron Door Operator Details
SLIDING RADIATION SHIELDING DOOR (NEUTRON DOOR) DETAILS
- The DC drive has several features that allow us the ability to fine tune the drive characteristics, it has separate adjustments for acceleration, deceleration, travel speed, and creep speed. All of which are field adjustable after the radiation shielding door (neutron door) and operator are installed.
- The operators are equipped with 4 sets of limit switches. Full open, full close, creep open & creep close. This allows for a creep speed feature. Meaning; when the door nears the full open and closed positions the creep limits are set to be activated. The operator is dropped into creep speed and the door is decelerated and the door moves slowly into the full open and closed positions. The advantage of this is less wear and tear on the electric operator, door and door hardware and better and more precise positioning of the radiation shielding door (neutron door.)
- The units come with an industrial rotary limit switch assembly that is rotated directly by the output drive shaft. The gear ratio of the assembly is as low as possible making the assembly as sensitive as possible. The limits are designed to be fine adjusted with a simple flat blade screw driver.
- The electrical controls and motor and drive train are also protected electrically with internal fusing, thermal overloads and run timers. The run timers prevent the electric operators from continuously run due to improper limit switch setting or limit switch failure.
- The electric operators are designed and built for continuous duty, meaning we do not limit the number of cycles per minute. The electric motor, controls and drive train are sized to run continuously. All gearboxes are filled with synthetic oil. The gearbox lubricants will never need to be replaced.
- The drive components are manufactured by the industry leaders, Boston Gear & Baldor. Please refer to their specific catalog cuts for more information.
- The electric controls are assembled in a NEMA 12 electrical enclosure with an industrial wiring terminals provided to land all the field wiring. The enclosures come with a built in disconnect switch and have been bench tested with each specific electric operator, set of actuating controls and safety devices prior to shipment.
- The electric operators use a close loop drive chain to open and close the radiation shielding door (neutron door) by pulling the drive chain clockwise and counter clockwise to open or close the door. The drive chain is a #60 roller chain fitted with an adjustable idler on one end and a driven idler shaft on the other end. The drive chain is attached to the door with a drive bracket and special chain release device. The release device is a double redundancy, to allow for the door to be disconnected from the electric operator and opened manually if the automatic battery backup system were to fail.
- The system is supplied with a battery back that will automatically open the door any time there is a power failure. It will slowly open the door for an adjustable length of time. After the power is restored the system with automatically return to normal operation. The battery backup system is supplied with a monitored trickle charging system to keep the battery backup power supply fully charged.
- The driven idler shaft is supported by fully sealed pillow blocks on both ends This allows for the right angle gearbox to be independent from the drive chain and reduce the overhung load on the gearbox output shaft.
- A Torque limiter is integrated into the drive train for equipment protection. If the door gets hung up for any reason the torque limiter can slip, protecting the gearbox form possible damage.
LET’S GET STARTED. WE’LL MAKE IT A SEAMLESS AND HASSEL-FREE PROCESS! 1-888-RING-RPP or Contact us for pricing.